cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Questions about the DFM.log files

dionjiles
Level 1
Level 1

I am having to re-initialized the DFM database once again, due to reasons unknown.

I was scanning over the directories on the server to see what is causing this after just re-initializing the database just last week. I have a lot of errors in the DFM log and I have a question on what those these errors mean.

See attached.

E:\CSCOpx\objects\smarts\local\logs

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The messages I see in your log file seem to be related to bug CSCsm31861 and is a problem with the response type sent from the device and what is expected in DFM.

The fix should be in the next release of DFM, but in the mean time the workaround is to rotate the log so it doesn't take too much space.

Solaris:

cd /opt/CSCOpx/objects/smarts/bin/

./dmctl -s DFM exec roll_log DFM.log

Windows:

cd c:\CSCOpx\Progra~1\objects\smarts\bin

dmctl -s DFM exec roll_log DFM.log

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The messages I see in your log file seem to be related to bug CSCsm31861 and is a problem with the response type sent from the device and what is expected in DFM.

The fix should be in the next release of DFM, but in the mean time the workaround is to rotate the log so it doesn't take too much space.

Solaris:

cd /opt/CSCOpx/objects/smarts/bin/

./dmctl -s DFM exec roll_log DFM.log

Windows:

cd c:\CSCOpx\Progra~1\objects\smarts\bin

dmctl -s DFM exec roll_log DFM.log

In attempt to run this script it is prompting me for a Server DFM user:

Is this the same id I log into CiscoWorks with?

Or the DFM DB user account?

Nevermind I resolved the issue with the user name. So when is this release of DFM expected to come out to resolve this automatically without me having to execute this script.

I was able to resolve this issue I am having by reading over some documentation about devices stuck in question and learning state.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_device_fault_manager/3.0/user/guide/useDevMg.html#wp1254140