cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Duplicate" Device removed from Campus Topology

vergeerf
Level 1
Level 1

For some reason one of the 6509's in the network (which is in the DCR with correct credentials) is being removed from the topology map. I think I found the problem in the ani.log but don't know how to solve it. The ANI seems to conclude that these devices are the same. But they are not.

ANI.log:

Discovery ani DcrToCampusMap: The Device container(Device,123.45.4.252 hostname: rtr-abc00m1-01.cisco.com) is duplicate of container(Device,123.45.4.253 hostname: rtr-abc00m1-02.cisco.com) , so deleting the Device 123.45.4.252 from SMFContainer

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ANI will look through its list of devices to see if another device has the same IP address as the device being analyzed. If it does, then the current device is removed. The IP address in question will be 123.45.4.252.

If the address is really not duplicated, this can indicate bad data in the ANI database. In that case, you'll need to reinitialize the toplogy portion of the database with the command:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/campus/bin/reinitdb.pl

Thanks, not very good news :-(

After reinitializing the database will I lose saved topology maps? because to relayout the topology map takes a long time :-(

Yes, topology maps will be lost. Are you certain the address in question is not configured on the other device?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: