cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

rate limit netflow export traffic on 7206

ricwong
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, Anyone has any idea on how to limit the traffic generated by 7206 (IOS 12.3(21)) netflow export ? By the way netflow is working for me, I am only trying to limit its traffic.

I tried to use policy-map policing but I could not pick up the netflow traffic no matter what I do, the ACL counter and the "sh policy map" does not show any matched traffic. I have even tried moving the neflow export source from loopback to an GigaEthernet interface but did not help.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

steve.busby
Level 5
Level 5

Please read over this link which details how to setup Netflow sampling. A couple of caveats I noticed: (1) Your code and feature set may have to change and (2) you have to be collecting/exporting netflow V5 or V9 data.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00805e387d.html#wp1027129

HTH

Steve

Thanks very much ! sampling for every x number of lines is a form of rate limit. I will take a closer look at IOS support. I am using V5 so that should help.

Jan Nejman
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

why do you want rate-limit netflow exports? Due to slow collector or do you have problem with line bottleneck? If you have a overloaded line I recommend connect collector directly on one interface. If you have a slow collector how many flows do you export to the collector [show ip flow-export]?

Jan

rate limit of netflow is required under adverse network condition, where netflow accounts for a sizable % of total traffic.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: