cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reinitdb.pl on Campus Mgr 3.3 -

getwithrob
Level 3
Level 3

I have 6 Solaris boxes running Campus Mgr 3.3 and nothing else (RME is not installed on these boxes).

I would like to run a reinitdb.pl to re-initialize the databases on these boxes. Will the /opt/CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/ANIServer.properties be zeroed out or re-initialized?

I?m just trying to plan this out and ?am not too clear on what all will be erased and need to be rediscovered?

The way I envision this is I will simply, as root, run the /opt/CSCOpx/campus/bin/reinitdb.pl command and the database and be reinitialized and will start rediscovering using the discovery settings and seeds present in the existing ANIServer.properties file.

Does this sound right?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You might also want to use the reinitdb.pl command with the -restore option. You will have to shut down the daemon manager prior to doing this.

Another file you can back up is the anisnmp.conf which contains the community strings for devices.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

reinitdb.pl should not wipe out your properties files. It will essentially wipe out the .db files so that discovered devices and end hosts are cleared out. (it should clear out ani.db and ani.log)

You can always take a backup of the ANIServer.properties if you would like.

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You might also want to use the reinitdb.pl command with the -restore option. You will have to shut down the daemon manager prior to doing this.

Another file you can back up is the anisnmp.conf which contains the community strings for devices.