Views
Helpful
Replies

Reintialize DFM

sathappan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does DFM has a separate database. can I do a reinitialize of DFM database like CM and RME.

with thanks

sathappan

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Depending on the version of DFM, it has up to five separate databases. DFM 2.0 has three Sybase (ASA) databases, dfmInv, dfmEpm, and dfmFh. Then there is an EMC repository file under NMSROOT/objects/smarts/local/repos/icf/DFM.rps. DFM 3.0 has all four of these databases, plus an additional DFM1.rps repository file for the second instance of DfmServer.

The three ASA databases can be reinitialized using dbRestoreOrig.pl. The rps files can simply be deleted when dmgtd is shutdown, and they will be recreated once the DfmServers start.

gaborjuhasz
Level 1
Level 1

If you want to know the exact commands for the three DFM databases:

1) Stop daemon

Solaris: /etc/init.d/dmgtd stop

Windows: net stop crmdmgtd

2) Reinit databases:

for DFM databases:

==========================

Solaris:

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/perl /opt/CSCOpx/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmInv dmprefix=INV

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/perl /opt/CSCOpx/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmFh dmprefix=FH

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/perl /opt/CSCOpx/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmEpm dmprefix=EPM

Windows:

C:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\bin\perl C:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmInv dmprefix=INV

C:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\bin\perl C:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmFh dmprefix=FH

C:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\bin\perl C:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmEpm dmprefix=EPM

3) Start daemon

Solaris: /etc/init.d/dmgtd start

Windows: net start crmdmgtd

Hth!

This is incomplete. Without deleting the DFM.rps (and DFM1.rps file in DFM 3.0) the reinitialization will not be successful.

Thanks for helping

I have been instructed, by TAC support, to re-init DFM 2.0.10 a few times already in an effort to resolve inconsisent and or incorrect email alerting. Both times deleting the .rps file was NOT one of the steps.

Is this something I should be concerned with?

My email alerts broke again and since I couldn't get reliably inconsistent behavior from DFM, I had to close a TAC case yesterday. Today, its broken again.

If you reinitialize the Sybase databases, you should also delete the .rps file. I have filed a bug against DFM about missing notifications. The bug is CSCso28593, and a patch is available from the TAC.

I'm asking my rep on the last TAC to re-open the case and see if I can get that patch, thanks JC.

Is there a way to look this bug up anywhere or is it for TAC reps only?

You can try looking in Bug Toolkit on Cisco.com. It is an external bug.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: