cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Syslog Analyzer Collector -

getwithrob
Level 3
Level 3

I would like to bring an RME 4.0 box up in parallel with an RME 3.5 box leaving the 3.5 box running until 4.0 is ready and we are comfortable with it. This RME 3.5 box has the RSAC software installed to receive messages from a remote sylog server.

Can I have the RME 4.0 box collecting sylog messages from the same syslog server the RME 3.5 box is getting messages from using the RSAC software?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Correct, it's either or

In order for RME to connect to a remote syslog server, one has to install what is called the RSAC.

RME 3.5 can only "talk" to the RME 3.5 RSAC.

RME 4.0 can only "talk" to the RME 4.0 RSAC.

Once can only have one version of RSAC installed on a syslog server.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

RME 4.0 will require the RSAC that ships with LMS 2.5

So if I understand your question correctly, the answer would be no.

The devices aren't logging messages to the RME box but are logging to a stand alone syslog server. The RME box then pull syslog messages from this remote syslog server.

So I can't have an RME 3.5 and and RME 4.0 server both collecting messages from the same syslog server?

Correct, it's either or

In order for RME to connect to a remote syslog server, one has to install what is called the RSAC.

RME 3.5 can only "talk" to the RME 3.5 RSAC.

RME 4.0 can only "talk" to the RME 4.0 RSAC.

Once can only have one version of RSAC installed on a syslog server.

That's a drag! That's going to make putting 4.0 in place that much more of a challenge.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: