Views
Helpful
Replies

Replaced old switch with C2640 and credential problem

kyawzawhtut
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community

I found something wrong with RME 4.0.3. Previously we have old switch and now we are migrating to new switch C2640.

After replacing old switches, RME can detect the OID difference and I manually update the OID.

Problem is when I generate the Credential report, all new switches reported failed even those items like SSH which I didn't choose to validate.

I even double check the settings of new switches by exporting csv and all SNMP, telnet, enable are correct.

I am just wondering whether RME actually go and collect inventory or just return me report saying all failed.

Any one got any idea how to troubleshoot this case? I have no clue already. :(

Best Regards

Kyaw

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Typically this happens when the device is not supported by RME. What is the sysObjectID of this switch?

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you replaced this switch on the network, did you also remove the old switch from RME and the DCR and then add this new one?

Or did you leave it as it was in the DCR and then replace the switch on the network with the same settings such as hostname, IP, etc?

I just leave it as it was as I feel that LMS should be fully automated one. I just change the hostname after discovered. IP address is same as network admin just replaced the device but config is same.

Do you think I should remove and learn it again? That would be painful as I need to reconfigure device name and grouping.. :(

Any thoughts?

I would remove it and re-add the new switch. Although it might have the same hostname and IP address this is essentially a new device as its different hardware.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: