Views
Helpful
Replies

Report generator -> bug toolkit

mlopacinski
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

We have about 300 cisco devices. I launched bug toolkit (RME->Reports->Report Generator->Bug toolkit)against all switches (150 devices), and i was very surprised to notice that there was no single bug !

Is it possible ? Or i haven't downloaded "bugs database" to cisco works ?

Thanx

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can't. This was documented in a bug, CSCse38322, and the "fix" was to add the Cisco.com link.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There have been numerous version/platform matching issues with this tool. This is especially true with XL switches. The workaround is to go straight to Cisco.com to do your bug reporting. If you have RME 4.0.5 or later, you should see a link in the GUI to do this. If not, the link is http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/selection.pl?mdf_label=Cisco+IOS+Releases&Submit3=Next&cco_product=IOS .

Yes - and my devices are vulnerable. So why bug report do not find any bugs ?

Most likely because the database that the Bug toolkit uses does not contain your product and versions. That's why RME 4.0.5 added the Cisco.com link so the official Bug Toolkit can be used to ensure you have the most accurate information.

ok, but this link to cisco.com bug toolkit force me to do it manually - to type each device model/version and check if it's vulnerable. I wanted to use RME Report Generator (Bug Toolkit) to automate this process - to see which of my 350 devices is vulnerable, and to focus only on vulnerable devices (without need to analyze manually all devices). I have RME 4.0.5. Can i do it ? How can i fix report generator bug toolkit in RME ?

You can't. This was documented in a bug, CSCse38322, and the "fix" was to add the Cisco.com link.

Yes - and my devices are vulnerable. So why bug report do not find any bugs ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco