cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Restore Cisco IOS using Ciscoworks LMS

giordano234
Level 1
Level 1

How to restore cisco ios using ciscoworks, when the ios on the device corrupt/missing/damage??

3 Replies 3

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CiscoWorks can load or upgrade code, but restoring corrupted IOS may be a problem. The reason being is that it must have a working configuration that has snmp ro and rw connectivity in order to do the IOS job. The device has to be managed in the inventory and working in order for RME SWIM to work.

Ok, 1 question again, how when the cisco device existing problem and i want replace with new cisco device? Can i restore the latest config in the existing device to the new Cisco device ??

How to backup configuration using Ciscoworks ?

If you have the config in RME then you can restore it to another device but it is a bit ..... cisco wants you to do it this way, I don't know why

Open the config in the config editor and save it in an archive.

Open the config from the archive in netconfig and click deploy.

Now you can select any device in ciscoworks and try and push the config.

I have a few devices that can be loaded with a minimal config, an IP address and community strings, just enough for CW to discover the device.

Once discovered I can push the config.

Cheers,

Michel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: