cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

restore RME.DB ?

ddalessa
Level 1
Level 1

I am really in a bind. Supposedly, my rme.db file is corrupted. CiscoWorks no longer has any reference to our 300 routers we maintain. I have stopped the daemons, backed up the existing rme.db file & restored from a backup. Restarted the daemons but no luck. I am unable to retrieve the devices. Cisco tac is telling me without having the inventory file to IMPORT, I am faced with having to (re)input all 300 devices. I find this hard to believe. Why would I need to have the inventory export (CSV format) if I have successful backups taking place? Has anyone run into this issue? Am I relegated to having to input all 300 routers? Lastly, I have a local hosts file that allows the Ciscoworks to ping by a router host name. Is it possible to use a copy of this file to CREATE an import CSV file? What is the format of the file? I suppose I can add a router, export it to see. Do you think that would work?? Thanks in advance. Dan

5 Replies 5

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Don't know about LMS 2.5, but here's the exported CSV from RME 3.5 (LMS 2.2). Don't know where serial numbers came from; certainly not entered manually.

;

; This file is generated by the export utility

; If you edit this file, be sure you know what you are doing

;

Cisco Systems NM data import, source = export utility; Version = 2.0; Type = Csv

;

; Here are the columns of the table.

; Columns 1 and 2 are required.

; Columns 3 through 19 are optional.

; Col# = 1: Name (including domain or simply an IP)

; Col# = 2: RO community string

; Col# = 3: RW community string

; Col# = 4: Serial Number

; Col# = 5: User Field 1

; Col# = 6: User Field 2

; Col# = 7: User Field 3

; Col# = 8: User Field 4

; Col# = 9; Name = Telnet password

; Col# = 10; Name = Enable password

; Col# = 11; Name = Enable secret

; Col# = 12; Name = Tacacs user

; Col# = 13; Name = Tacacs password

; Col# = 14; Name = Tacacs enable user

; Col# = 15; Name = Tacacs enable password

; Col# = 16; Name = Local user

; Col# = 17; Name = Local password

; Col# = 18; Name = Rcp user

; Col# = 19; Name = Rcp password

;

; Here are the rows of data.

;

router.domain.com,public,private,serial-number,"!{[NOVALUE]}!","!{[NOVALUE

]}!","!{[NOVALUE]}!","!{[NOVALUE]}!",telnet-passwd,enable-secret-passwd,enable-passwd,!{[NOVALUE]}!,!{[NOVALUE]}!,!{[NOVALUE]}!,!{[NOVALUE]}!,!{[NOVALUE]}!,!{[NOVALUE]}!,!{[NOVALUE]}!

I am actually trying to restore the rme.db and getting nowhere. I have done the following so far:

* /etc/init.d/dmgtd stop

* cd /opt/CSCOpx/databases/rme

* rm rme.db

* rm syslog.db

* rm rme.log (if it exists)

* cp orig/rme.dborig rme.db

* cp orig/syslog.dborig syslog.db

* chown bin:bin rme.db

* chown bin:bin syslog.db

* chmod 400 rme.db

* chmod 400 syslog.db

At this point, I am attempting to run the restorebackup.pl command with no success. I keep getting the following error"

Restore from backup '/var/cwbkup/92/rme/database' started at: 2006/04/13 18:56:4 0 Please see '/var/adm/CSCOpx/log/restorebackup.log' for status.

ERROR(1249): Cannot find generation in the root backup directory.

Any idea why? I have a valid backup in '/var/cwbkup/92/rme/database', but yet, the restorebackup process fails. I have tried just simply copying the backed up files over to /opt/CSCOpx/databases/rme with no luck.

Anyone have any ideas? This is so frustrating!

Thanks,

Dan

Please provide the exact command you are using to restore the backup.

Did you use this syntax?

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/perl /opt/CSCOpx/bin/restorebackup.pl [-force]* -s rme -d /var/cwbkup/92

*[-force] is optional

I finally got it restored using the following syntax:

./restorebackup.pl -f -d /var/cwbkup

Thank God