cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Restoring LMS backup

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I see Cisco recommends the remote upgrade method for upgrading to LMS 2.5.x. But has anyone successfully upgraded using the local upgrade method? I thought I read it's not very reliable.

Say, I have LMS 2.2 in /product/CSCOpx on Host A. Will $NMSROOT/bin/restorebackup.pl be able to restore this data to /opt/product/CSCOpx on the same box or on Host B?

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes. For the best results, you should fully upgrade to LMS 2.5.1 plus all service packs before attempting to migrate data from LMS 2.2.

Could you clarify if the "yes" was in reponse to to "successfully upgraded using the local upgrade method" or "Will $NMSROOT/bin/restorebackup.pl be able to restore this data to /opt/product/CSCOpx on the same box or on Host B?"

Another question is, does RBackup.sh HAVE to be run from the IPM 2.6 CD? Can I copy RBackup.sh to the local file system somewhere and expect it to run correctly?

The "yes" was in response to both questions.

The RBackup.sh script can be run off of the CD.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: