Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Reverse Telent - Can't break out with CTRL+SHIFT+6 X

Hello all - was wondering if anyone can give me some pointers on how to break out of a telnet session using the key combination mentioned above.

I have a Cisco 2511 Router that has attached to it 2 x 8 Way octal cables that each connect to console ports on various routers in our network. When I make a console connection to the 2511 I am able to connect to any of the routers that have octal connection back to it - no problems, I simply invoke CTRL+SHIFT+6 then hit x. I can then resume that session whenever I choose. However, when I telnet to the 2511 (from a remote on a different network) using any software, Hyperterm, Windows, CRT I cannot break out of a connection that I make to another router from it.

Further tests suggest that the 2511 accepts the CTRL+SHIFT+6 keys, but as soon as I hit the x it freezes and then my telnet session to the 2511 times out. I am guessing that the problem is that I am doing a telnet to a telnet - if that makes sense. When I console and then telnet then all is fine. All the ports, vty, con are set to accpept the default escape-characters.

Anyone got any ideas how I can remedy this problem?

1 REPLY

Re: Reverse Telent - Can't break out with CTRL+SHIFT+6 X

Check whether you have given No exec

Views
Helpful
Replies