cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RFC1213-MIB:System "OID not supported by device"

pwethere
Level 1
Level 1

"OID not supported by device". This is the message received when Solarwinds Cirrus v4 attempts to read the RFC1213-MIB:System MIB>. Device is c3750e running IOS 12.2(44)SE1. Using SNMPv3 authpriv security level. Any idea why certain MIB-2 MIB's are unavailable?

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please post the SNMP configuration of this device as well as the exact OID you are trying to query. The RFC1213-MIB::system OID is a branch and not a leaf. Therefore, it cannot be queried directly. You would have to do a GET-NEXT query on it.

snmp-server group CirrusGroup v3 priv context SNMPv3

snmp-server context SNMPv3

gdcswhnwh047#sh snmp group

groupname: CirrusGroup security model:v3 priv

readview : v1default writeview:

notifyview:

row status: active

gdcswhnwh047#sh snmp user

User name: CirrusUser

Engine ID: 800000090300001FCA982481

storage-type: nonvolatile active

Authentication Protocol: SHA

Privacy Protocol: AES128

Group-name: CirrusGroup

gdcswhnwh047#sh snmp view

v1default iso - included permanent active

v1default internet - included permanent active

v1default snmpUsmMIB - excluded permanent active

v1default snmpVacmMIB - excluded permanent active

v1default snmpCommunityMIB - excluded permanent active

v1default ciscoMgmt.252 - excluded permanent active

The Solarwinds Cirrus v4 Configuration Management tool is attempting to capture System Info from the RFC1213-MIB::system branch. I assume that it is actually doing a get-next or get-bulk. But, using a MIB browser I could not view any leaves from the System branch on the Cisco 3750e.

Hope that helps.

Pete W.

It may be that SolarWinds doesn't support SNMPv3 authPriv with AES128 crypto. A sniffer trace of the SolarWinds-to-device traffic would be very helpful.

jclarke,

Thanks for the help. I finally found some good information on the Solarwinds User forum. In case anyone else is having issues with Solarwinds Cirrus and SNMPv3 I have included the IOS commands:

snmp-server group Cirrus v3 priv

snmp-server view CirrusView internet included

snmp-server view CirrusView system included

snmp-server view CirrusView interfaces included

snmp-server view CirrusView chassis included

snmp-server user CirrusUser Cirrus v3 auth sha MyAuthPass priv aes 128 MyPrivPass

Thanks again,

Pete W.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: