Views
Helpful
Replies

right Java Version for CiscoWorks 6.0 and later

masoodabooali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was wondering if someone please advise on what Java version I need to run Cisco works 6.0 nad later without error? as is i canot run the campus manager at all given the unsupported java version on my pc. I am acessing this application via brower - IE7.

I remember something from a few years ago, Java version 6.4.1.xx if I am not mistaken!?

Thanks,

Masood

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, 1.4.2_15 is the only version of Java that will work with this version of Campus. You will need to have your administrator uninstall other JVMs on your client, and install the 1.4.2_15 from the CiscoWorks server.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no CiscoWorks 6.0. What version of Campus Manager do you have?

Thanks for your prompt response. Well I tried to run it and it is asking for java version: SE V1.4.2_15 but installation fails because I don't have admin rights on my PC?

License Info:

UPGRADE Copy

Version & Patch Level: 4.0.9

Installation Date:

Fri Jul 01 16:52:51 EDT 2005

LMS2.6 01 Jul 2005

Thanks,

Masood

Yes, 1.4.2_15 is the only version of Java that will work with this version of Campus. You will need to have your administrator uninstall other JVMs on your client, and install the 1.4.2_15 from the CiscoWorks server.

Ho wabout the IE? it also tells me that I am using unsupported IE?

We are using IE7!?

I also get certificate error? -usually certificate errors don't prevent the application from working except that it is kind of annoying!

Please advise.

Regards,

Masood

IE 7.0 support was not added until LMS 3.0. LMS 2.6 only supported IE 6.0 and Mozilla 1.7.

The certificate error occurs because you are using a self-signed certificate. You can either import the certificate into your browser, or purchase a CA signed certificate, and install it into LMS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: