cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RMA Sync Archive Partially Successful

jayshihlin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I having problem trying to sync the archive on RME.

There are 21 devices failed on VLAN Running Type with description of:

CM0012: Unable to create new version on archive $1 Action: Check if disk space is available and directory has required permissions

There is another switch having problem in Primary Startup and had Internal Error in description.

Thanks for reading this conversation and any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks,

J

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I suggest you start a new thread for the inventory problem as that will require different troubleshooting.

I gather you have sanitized these addresses, and that the actual addresses in the log are correct? If so, then there must be something (e.g. a firewall) blocking TFTP from the switch to the LMS server. The way vlan.dat is archived is that RME connects to the device using telnet/SSH, then performs a copy flash:vlan.dat tftp: (as you see here). Therefore, udp/69 and high UDP ports need to be open between the device and LMS server. If your network does not permit TFTP, then there is no way to get the vlan.dat, and you will have to ignore these errors.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of RME?

Hi

LMS 2.6

RME 4.0.5

These devices was working fine before. Also I am experiencing Inventory Collection problem on some of Catalyst 3750 after I upgrade IOS.

The message was: RICS0001: Internal Error, unable to process the collected data from the device.

Thanks!

J

You should upgrade to CS 3.0.6 and RME 4.0.6 as some of the archive problems, and one of the RICS0001 problems has been resolved in that version.

As for debugging the config archive problem should it persist after the upgrade, you will need to enable ArchiveMgmt Service debugging under RME > Admin > System Preferences > Loglevel Settings, perform a sync archive job against one failing device, then check the dcmaservice.log for errors.

Thanks for your helping!!

I upgraded to CS 3.0.6 and RME 4.0.6. It does help solving some RICS0001 issues. However, there still one device keep getting RICS0001 every time I ran inventory collection on it.

Also I am still getting

CM0012: Unable to create new version on archive $1 Action: Check if disk space is available and directory has required permissions.

And Primary Startup Internal Error on few switch.

I turn on the debugging on both Archive Service and Archive Client. Here is one of example that device had CM0012:

=======

Wed Mar 05 15:26:30 PST 2008 ],DEBUG,[Thread-525],com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.transport.cmdsvc.LogAdapter,debug,31,Returning from interact('copy flash:vlan.dat tftp:'):

{^M

Address or name of remote host []? 1a.1b.1c.65^M

Destination filename [vlan.dat]? 20080305152554697-1a.7b.1c.35.cfg^M

.....^M

%Error opening tftp://1a.1b.1c.65/20080305152554697-1a.7b.1c.35.cfg (Timed out)^M

==============

Thanks for helping!

J

I suggest you start a new thread for the inventory problem as that will require different troubleshooting.

I gather you have sanitized these addresses, and that the actual addresses in the log are correct? If so, then there must be something (e.g. a firewall) blocking TFTP from the switch to the LMS server. The way vlan.dat is archived is that RME connects to the device using telnet/SSH, then performs a copy flash:vlan.dat tftp: (as you see here). Therefore, udp/69 and high UDP ports need to be open between the device and LMS server. If your network does not permit TFTP, then there is no way to get the vlan.dat, and you will have to ignore these errors.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco