cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 3.5 - Upgrading Cisco IOS using CiscoWorks

robj
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to set up jobs to upgrade the IOS on Cat3750 switches with CiscoWorks.

Every attempt has failed with the error message "Device not reachable using SNMP".

Sniffer trace shows that at the log-on prompt CW sends "term len 0" and at the Password prompt CW sends "term width 512". All password attributes in CW have been reset and re-entered.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tfontano
Level 1
Level 1

hi there,

Does the cat3750 have a banner? try removing it first, then proceed with the upgrade. Create a template for the banner so it's easy to add the banner once it has been removed.

If this does not work, enable swim debugging and open a tac case.

Andrei

"my first post"

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

tfontano
Level 1
Level 1

hi there,

Does the cat3750 have a banner? try removing it first, then proceed with the upgrade. Create a template for the banner so it's easy to add the banner once it has been removed.

If this does not work, enable swim debugging and open a tac case.

Andrei

"my first post"

Andrei,

That's it. Removing the MOTD banner enables CiscoWorks to login to the switch and the upgrade completes successfully.

Thank you.

Hi robj,

you are welcome!

b.r.

Andrei

n.bowbridge
Level 1
Level 1

Hi robj, I'm having all kinds of trouble getting RME to upgrade my stacked 3750 switches. Out of interest what IOS did you upgrade to? And is it now working correctly now after removing the banner?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: