Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 4.0.6 Config archive problem

Latchum Naidu
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All,

I have configured one of my ASA5520 in Ciscoworks but its not getting archive since starting onwords.

Please find the below error message in Failed devices under RME and give me the correct solution.

ASA PRIMARY RUNNING Dec 17 2009 00:04:41 CM0056 Config fetch failed for ASA Cause: CM0204 Could not create DeviceContext for 70 Cause: CM0206 Could not get the config transport implementation for 10.28.1.100 Cause: UNKNOWN Action: Check if required device packages are available in RME. Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed.

Regards,
Naidu.

22 Replies 22

Hi Joe,

I am able to login in http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-rme ?

This response also from same login.. (cintelligroup)

Regards,

Naidu.

Do you use a proxy?  Perhaps you need to configure your proxy settings under Common Services > Server > Security > Proxy Server Setup.  If that doesn't work, start a sniffer trace filtering on all traffic between the server and 72.163.4.161 (www.cisco.com), then re-run the device package update.  The sniffer trace file should indicate why the problem is occurring.  If you use a proxy, you'll need to filter on all traffic between the LMS server and the proxy.

Hi Joe,

There is no proxy configured in my server.

If i make Proxy Server Setup, can you please tell me what are the Hostname/IP Address, Port, Username & Password I have to use. Is this LMS server IP and that credentials?

Regarding sniffer trace filtering, do you want me install a sniffer in server and check the trace (between server and cisco.com)?

Regards,

Naidu.

If you use a proxy on your clients to access external web servers, then chances are your CiscoWorks server must use the same proxy configuration.  In that case, you would need to fill in the same proxy hostname, ports, username, and password you have configured for your clients.

LMS comes with a sniffer by default.  You will need to install the WinPcap driver from NMSROOT/objects/jet/bin (double-click on winpcap.exe).  After that, you can go to Device Center > Tools > Packet Capture to start a new capture.  If you do not use a proxy, then filter on all TCP traffic between the LMS server and www.cisco.com (and cco.cisco.com).  Else, filter on all TCP traffic between the LMS server and the proxy.

Hi Joe,

Sorry for the delay reponse as I was on vacation.

I have installed WinPcap but I could not find any tools tab in the Device Center to start a packet capture. Please find the attached screenshot for the same.

You have to select a device, or enter some IP address first.  Then the Tools box will appear at the bottom of the page.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your reply.

Please find the attached two captured status files for both www.cisco.com and cco.cisco.com

These traces are empty.  As I said before, if you use a proxy, you need to filter on all traffic to the proxy server, and not directly to Cisco.com.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: