Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 4.0.6 Device Package update failure

aeggers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have downloaded a lot of new device packages for the RME 4.0.6. If i install this packages i get the following error message.

Installation failed for product [Resource Manager Essentials] with message : com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.packagemgmt.InstallerException: Repository in use.

Another Package Support Updater client session may be modifying device support.

I searched for the psu.lock file but i couldn't find this file. How can i fix this without reinstalling the lms?

André

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check NMSROOT/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu for a lock file. If it exists, delete it.

hi,

there is no lock file. i see that the psu.log is growing and growing, but after some minutes it starts again from 0 kbytes also if i stop the lms daemons ??

andre

That error can only mean a lock file exists. The only two lock files will be NMSROOT/Psu.Lock or NMSROOT/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu/psu-installer.lock. Post the full psu.log.

Hi,

i have attached the psu.log file. There is no .lock file, i've checked this again. I tried again to update the device packages

After 1 hour i stopped the update.( normaly an update take max. 10 minutes. During the device package update i could see the the psu.log file was going into a loop. It starts at 0 kbytes -> growing to nearly 950kbytes and than it starts again at 0 kbytes

Andre

here the log file

Your package repository is corrupt. It needs to be recovered. There is a procedure available by contacting TAC. They will send you a package bundle and steps to recover the repository.

Hi Joe,

thank you very much. I will open a service request.

Have a nice day.

André