Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 4.0: Stop Config Archive on certain devices

dlongworth
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

Can I prevent RME from archiving configs from certain routers? ie, not specific router models or types but specific routers. Like a filter?

They're ISP routers that we have read snmp-access to, for monitoring, and I want to see them in Topology Service Maps but we're not allowed to access configs and I wish to stop RME from attempting to do so, if possible.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is not possible. As long as there are no read-write credentials in DCR for these devices, RME will, of course, not get the config, but the system fetch job will at least try. The only way to prevent this is to delete the device from RME, but then you would lose inventory and syslog capabilities as well.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is not possible. As long as there are no read-write credentials in DCR for these devices, RME will, of course, not get the config, but the system fetch job will at least try. The only way to prevent this is to delete the device from RME, but then you would lose inventory and syslog capabilities as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: