cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 4.1.0 and 3020 out-of-sync problem

ratatosk_2
Level 1
Level 1

Another thread here solved a lot of my out-of-sync problems (thanks!) but I have a few devices still giving me a headache. Removing and re-adding them to RME doesn't help, I still get 2 kinds of problems with my 3020 blade switches. "Startup config not available" and a config mismatch on the lines describing "ntp clock-period" (value mismatch) and "certificate self-signed 01 nvram:IOS-Self-Sig#3801.cer" in running but " certificate self-signed 01" in start-up.

I downloaded and installed all devices from cisco.com so I think I should have support for all that there is.

2 Replies 2

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

for the 'ntp clock-period' and 'certificate self-signed' you should add these commands under

RME > Admin > Config Mgmt > Exclude Commands

for the appropriate device types (take a look into the router group to see an example)

After that, an update archive job (with fetch startup-config checked) for these devices should be done and they should be removed from the out-of-sync report.

For the 'Startup-config not available' you should setup an explicit sync archive job (with fetch startup-config enabled) and then check the result of this job for a more detaile error message.

Sweet! Thanks mermel! I had no idea about the command exclusion feature, must have been asleep on CWLMS. Worked like a charm.