I cannot reproduce. I created a group in Common Services called Import Group with a ruleset of:
Device.DisplayName startswith "nms-"
I set this group to be the RME Auto-allocation group.
I then added a new device to DCR with an IP address for a display name. RME did not manage the device as the device was not put into Import Group. I then changed the display name to nms-6506a, waited a few seconds, and the device was put into Import Group, and RME properly managed it.
It sounds like you have things configured correctly, so you may be experiencing a problem with EssentialsDM. It could also be that you need to wait for RME to recognize that the group membership has changed.
Question We run asr9001 with XR 6.1.3, and we have a very long delay to
login w/ SSH 1 or 2 to the device compare to IOS device. After
investigation, the there is 1s delay between the client KEXDH_INIT and
the server (XR) KEXDH_REPLY. After debug ssh serv...
Introduction The purpose of this document is to demonstrate the Open
Shortest Path First (OSPF) behavior when the V-bit (Virtual-link bit) is
present in a non-backbone area. The V-bit is signaled in Type-1 LSA only
if the router is the endpoint of one or ...
Hi, I am seeing quite a few issues with patch install and wanted to
share my experience and workaround to this. Login to admin via CLI, then
access root with the “shell” command Issue “df –h” and you’ll probably
see the following directory full or nearly ...