cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 4, Push Commands to Devices

Jason Fraioli
Level 3
Level 3

I am trying to deploy a set of commands to my devices and am running into some problems.

If I configure a netconfig job for a single test device, I will get a failure.  While the job is processing, I can see the user account logging into the switch.  The user account actually logs in about 3 or 4 times, then the netconfig job fails.

If I use CWCLI to configure the device, the outcome is as expected.  The user account logs into the switch and I see the commands execute (logging console/term mon/show users).  I was using the following syntax for the CWCLI job:

cwcli config import -u <user> -p <pass> -ipaddress <ip> -f <import file>

So why does the cwcli job work perfectly, but not when it is created via the RME GUI?  What troubleshooting steps should I start with?

Thanks for your help.

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The difference here is the transport order.  Your cwcli command will use the Archive Mgmt config deploy order where as Netconfig will use the Netconfig deploy order.  Both transport orders can be set under RME > Admin > Config Mgmt > Transort Settings.  Make sure they are identical so that you are comparing apples to apples.

They are both set to SSH as the only transport protocol.

Here is the error I get in CW/RME Netconfig:

Command(s) failed on the device Insufficient no. of interactive responses(or timeout) for command: exit.

Here is the output I get from the switch when the netconfig job is running:

Aug 17 08:15:54.789 CST: %SEC_LOGIN-5-LOGIN_SUCCESS: Login Success [user: ] [Source: ] [localport: 22] at 08:15:54 CST Tue Aug 17 2010
Aug 17 08:16:06.055 CST: %SEC_LOGIN-5-LOGIN_SUCCESS: Login Success [user: ] [Source: ] [localport: 22] at 08:16:06 CST Tue Aug 17 2010
Aug 17 08:16:19.049 CST: %SEC_LOGIN-5-LOGIN_SUCCESS: Login Success [user: ] [Source: ] [localport: 22] at 08:16:19 CST Tue Aug 17 2010
Aug 17 08:16:20.475 CST: %SEC_LOGIN-5-LOGIN_SUCCESS: Login Success [user: ] [Source: ] [localport: 22] at 08:16:20 CST Tue Aug 17 2010
Aug 17 08:16:33.838 CST: %SEC_LOGIN-5-LOGIN_SUCCESS: Login Success [user: ] [Source: ] [localport: 22] at 08:16:33 CST Tue Aug 17 2010

Edit 2:  Ok, so now I am getting: Command(s) failed on the device, but the commands are the same as when I tried via cwcli.  Suggestions?

Edit 3:  Thanks for the help Mr. Clarke.  The problem was I had "enable" checked instead of "config" even though I explicitly had to say "cwcli config" before in my testing.  I got a successful deploy of config changes.  Thanks again for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: