Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME and 6509

hi,

6509 has 12.2(33)SXI and CW LMS 3.1.

I cannot capture the details of the 6500 switches in the RME. while doing snmp testing and credential testing it shows fine with no problem. it says device side problem.

26 Replies 26

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is known bug CSCsx58694. A patch is available from the TAC, and it is fixed in LMS 3.2.

could u please provide the patch. as the customer does not has internet access to the segment.

I cannot post code to the forum. This patch is only available from TAC.

i opened a TAC to resolve the problem. however yesterday after a crash, my 6500 config mgmt is not working. i.e. it is not taking configs of the same. it provides an error for the same as ....

1. PRIMARY RUNNING Aug 11 2009 15:57:55 CM0056 Config fetch failed for RIMS-1 Cause: CM0204 Could not create DeviceContext for 1758 Cause: CM0206 Could not get the config transport implementation for 10.4.22.254 Cause: CM0202 Could not access 10.4.22.254 via SNMP. Action: Check the Read Community string Action: Check if required device packages are available in RME. Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed.

i even checked all the credentials. all are fine. I checked the ACS but i could not find any administration record for that.

pl help.

As I said on the other thread, this looks like a package problem. It does not have anything to do with the inventory patch. When you say the server crashed, exactly what happened? Did you have to reinstall LMS?

Actually, we did a restorebackup.pl and after that the problem arised.

WE are able to get the inventory from the 6500 switches but not the configs irrespective of the IOS.

we did many things to check out.

attached is the files which you may need to see.

pl help.

As I said in the other thread, I need the list of contents under NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib/pkgs and NMSROOT/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu/pkgs/rme along with the sysObjectID from this switch.

I read ur previous thread, where you suggested copying all the pkg's from NMSROOT/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu/pkgs/rme to NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib/pkgs and check for the issue. Copied but the problem survived. even all the device updates are done for RME. The list i can provide tomorrow morning.

The OID probably is .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.283

There is another one which i cant remember at the moment and it ends with a .22 but the attachment might help.

any idea on what the problem may be.

The sysObjectID should be supported by the Cat6000IOS package. Verify all the permissions on the packages in NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib/pkgs directory so that casuser has access. When you post the list of contents, also post the NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log and stderr.log.

Sending you the logs. three logs are attached but the stdout.log is ...well large enough. 10 Mb to be presice. pl let me know which part to capture.

Compress the stdout.log, then post it. As for packages, I see one potential problem. Where did you get the patch for CSCta02155? What are the permissions of the files in the MDC directory. Post the output of the DOS command "CACLS *" within that directory.

i did not patch the RME except for the bug patch you suggested.

all the permissions are provided to casuser in the directory.

attached is the files.

There is certainly a problem with your packages. You're missing the SharedSwimGSS.zip package, and there is a problem with your SharedSwimIOS.zip package.

Since you don't know where you go the Netconfig patch, back that out by copying SharedNetconfigIOS.zip-CSCta02155-0 to SharedNetconfigIOS.zip. Then, go to Common Services > Software Center > Device Update, and download and install all available RME and Common Services device updates. If that fails, your package repos may be damaged to the extent you will need to talk to TAC to get the recovery procedure.

Essentially, TAC will provide you will a zip file containing all of the up-to-date RME 4.2 device packages, and instructions on how to restore your two RME package repositories. After that, you should be able to archive configs from your 6500.

do i have to rename SharedNetconfigIOS.zip-CSCta02155-0 to SharedNetconfigIOS.zip.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco