cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME ArchivePoller

BlueyVIII
Level 1
Level 1

The RME ArchivePoller is set to run on my system at 23:00 each day.

From what I understand this poller should only fetch config that has changed. Looking at the JobDetails the poller recongnises when (or if) the STARTUP and RUNNING config's have changed and fetches the config's if neccessary.

For the VLAN RUNNING config the poller can't detect changes so defaults to fetch the config. This makes almost every switch on the network appear as if it has changed on a daily basis which is not true and reflects badly when I run change reports.

Is there any way to change this behaviour. If neccessary I'm happy to stop collecting the VLAN RUNNING config as it very rarely changes.

Any help greatfull received.

2 Replies 2

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

IIRC, VLAN config can only be fetched via TFTP. So if you remove TFTP as one of the transport protocols for RME to try (RME > Admin > Config Mgmt > Transport Settings -> config fetch protocol), the VLAN fetch will fail, achieving the behavior of stopping its collection.

Thanks, sounds like a sensible approach.

Have removed TFTP from the Config Fetch Transport settings so will see how this goes at 23:00 tonight.

Will this adversely affect any other jobs?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco