Views
Helpful
Replies

RME Automated Action

kyawzawhtut
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I found something abnormal for RME Automated Action. Although I already disable the action, it is still sending out the email.

Anyone has ever face this situation before? Is it something to do with database corruption?

If still cannot make it stop, I have to delete the automated action. Hope somebody already found this problem/solution before.

Just drop your two cents or $1 million here please. ;)

Thanks.

Regards

Joe

5 Replies 5

miheg
Level 5
Level 5

Not seen this before.

But since you can eport the "Actions" into files deleting them doesn't mean you loose them, have to create them again, so do try a delete.

Do you have many actions? Is there only one action enabled?

Cheers,

Michel

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have seen something like this in the past. What version of RME are you running?

What does your script look like?

RME version is 4.0.4.

Script is very simple. If match that syslog condition, send out the email to few people.

I dont know man. I really feel like LMS make more problems than help to reduce your workload. Even simple thing cannot be depend on it.

Restarting server also does not help. May be database is corrupted. Anyway, I gonna delete all and create one-by-one and monitor.*sigh*

Thank you all.

Regards.

Hi All

After delete and add back the syslog automated action, seems ok now. Last time, I noticed that syslog analyzer was something wrong and I couldn't get the status such as how many processed, invalid etc.

Thank you all for your contribution.

I hope you have exported your actions rather then putting them back in via the RSI hazard interface?

I edit the automated actions in my favourite text editor.

Combined with a couple of perlscripts this can do the essentail notification work.

Cheers,

Michel