Views
Helpful
Replies

RME BUG Toolkit report shows no bugs

ogormam2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am running RME v4.1.0 and the BUG toolkit is not working, it shows no bugs for any of my devices (I manually checked the Images and there are plenty of bugs)

Has anyone got this working?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I tested with a 7206, and I get useful bugs. Again, make sure you select a date far enough in the past. By default, the date is bugs filed TODAY which more than likely will return no hits.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We do have problems with certain device types. There was a bug filed against this, and it was never really fixed. The workaround was to add a Cisco.com Bug Toolkit link to the report window. However, there does appear to be a problem with the Cisco.com side of Bug Toolkit, and the report is completely broken at the moment.

Seems I can't reproduce your problem after all. The reason I thought I had was due to having my server configured in a bogus way to test a fix for another bug. When I removed that config, I am seeing bugs for devices.

Make sure you're selected a proper "Report Bugs From" date before running the report. I went back a year (11/22/2006).

Hi Thanks for you help,

the bug toolkit on the cisco website works fine, its the Bug toolkit in Ciscoworks that does not work for me,

Thanks

Marianne

dainat-bis
Level 1
Level 1

I have exactly the same problem.

The report shows always 0 bugs for all devices ( 2940, 2950, 35 XL .. ) even switches with a very old image.

Seems the bugreport is useless currently.

exactly :-/

These switches are notoriously broken in the RME Bug Toolkit. For those, you will need to use the Cisco.com link.

I created another report with several devicetyps ( 7204VXR, 2611, 2811, 803, 806, 851, 831, 877, 851, 1712 and many more ) all of them reported 0 Bugs for everything.

Is there actually any devicetyp that would give a usefull output ? I don't think so.

Either Cisco repairs this "service" soon or the "Cisco Bug Toolkit" has to be deleted from RME with the next service pack because of entire valuelessness.

I tested with a 7206, and I get useful bugs. Again, make sure you select a date far enough in the past. By default, the date is bugs filed TODAY which more than likely will return no hits.

Well thank you very much I didn't even spot the "Criteria - Report Bugs From " section,

Well this resolved my problem - now I have plenty of bugs showing up.

thanks again

Me too ;-)

Thanks Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: