Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

RME-Config Collection and passwords.

We currently have ACS setup on all out network devices. This is working correctly.

I am trying to collect configs from my devices using RME. IEach device fails "Failed to make telnet collection.

I'm sure they are failing because the device is looking for a user name and password to be authenticed via ACS and Ciscoworks/RME is jsut sending a telnet password. I've gone thru just about every screen and loads of documentaion on CCO but can't seem to find anything relating to username and password, which ACS requires.

I guess the question is How do I do Config Manageent to devices that are set up for AAA(ACS) authenticarion.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Red

Re: RME-Config Collection and passwords.

Go to Common Services -> Device and Credentials -> Device Management

Select the devices and click on Edit

Click on Next (no need to select a device on the left side).

Enter the proper Username and Password in the Primary Credentials fields.

Click on Finish.

9 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Are you using the ACS login module for CiscoWorks? see http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/cscowork/ps3996/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008022f958.html#wp254713 for how to set this up.

Yes, I do have this setup, and ACS is used and working correctly for logging into ciscoWork, Is this the same module(that I may not have configured correctly

Is this modulw that RME uses for Config management?usernames and passwords?

Thnks

Red

What version of CiscoWorks are you running?

Hall of Fame Super Silver

There are a few steps outlined in http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2073/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a00803c0156.html for configuring RME to work with ACS.

Hope this helps.

I'm using LMS 2.5 and ACS 3.3.

I'm still somewhat confused as to whether this integrationn will solve my issue.

RME fails to get configuration files from all my devices. The reason for the failure is authentication failure. My devices are set up to use ACS which requires a username and password. I do not see anyplace on Ciscoworks where I configure username and password or where on CiscoWorks I tell it that my devices are being authenticated by ACS.

Any further help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Red

Go to Common Services -> Device and Credentials -> Device Management

Select the devices and click on Edit

Click on Next (no need to select a device on the left side).

Enter the proper Username and Password in the Primary Credentials fields.

Click on Finish.

That did the trick, Thanks

Blue

When the devices were entered into RME (LMS 2.2) or DCR (LMS 2.5), was the TACACS username field filled in?

I am also having issues with RME collection, My switches are using AAA authentacation with an ACS server.

Using LM packege 2.5

and ACS 3.0 -

will this verion of ACS work with Ciscworks AAA?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content