Views
Helpful
Replies

RME config error after upgrade LMS from 2.5.1 to 2.6

ioan.stan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've upgraded LMS from 2.5.1 to 2.6. I also applied an RME patch so that its version is now 4.0.6.

Now I can't retrive the config files anymore. When I go to Device Centre and click on "View Config", I get the error message below in the browser.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks and regards,

ioan

type Exception report

message Internal Server Error

description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server Error) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException

at java.lang.StringBuffer.deleteCharAt(StringBuffer.java:681)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.ui.action.DCMAQuickConfigViewer.perform(DCMAQuickConfigViewer.java:207)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionPerform(ActionServlet.java:1786)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1585)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:491)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:256)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2417)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:171)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)

at org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Processor.process(Ajp13Processor.java:457)

at org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Processor.run(Ajp13Processor.java:576)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It appears there are no configs archived for this device. Go to RME > Config Mgmt > Archive Mgmt > Version Tree, and make sure this device is selectable, and has archived configs. If there is no config archived, run a sync archive job.

Yes, I did this but the job fails. There was no problem with LMS 2.5.1. Besides, with the prevoius version, when there was no config saved by RME, CiscoWorks gave clear message about it not the kind of message I'm getting now.

Where can I look further? I've also noticed that ciscoworks doesn't send syslog messages via e-mail anymore.

Thanks,

ioan

What error do you get when you run your sync archive job?

For syslogs, check under RME > Tools > Syslog > Automated Actions to make sure your AA is still properly defined. If it is, make sure the messages are still making it to the CiscoWorks server, and check the syslog reports to see that they are still being written to the database.

You should also check the output of pdshow to see if any processes are down that should not be. Processes that affect config management are jrm, CTMJrmServer, and ConfigMgmtServer. Processes that affect syslog are SyslogCollector and SyslogAnalyzer.

*** Device Details for tyogtcorml01 ***

Protocol ==> Unknown / Not Applicable

CM0057 PRIMARY RUNNING Config fetch SUCCESS, archival failed for tyogtcorml01 Cause: CM0002: Could not archive config Cause: Device may not be reachable, may be in suspended state or credentials may be incorrect. Action: Verify that device is managed, credentials are correct and file system has correct permissions. Increase timeout value, if required. Action: Verify that archive exists for device.CM0151 VLAN RUNNING Config fetch failed for tyogtcorml01 Cause: VLAN Config fetch is not supported using TFTP. Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required.

I re-entered the credentials before runing the synch job so it must be ok.

Syslog Collector Status (under Tools, Syslog) shows recieved (and forwarded messages). The number of messages is incrementing over time so recieving syslogs should be fine.

I do recieve e-mail from CW saying that synch job has failed. By the way, when trying to access Job Managemnt link, it takes much longer to open than before the upgrade.

The status of the processes you asked (I also attached the pdshow):

Process= jrm

State = Running normally

Process= CTMJrmServer

State = Running normally

Process= ConfigMgmtServer

State = Program started - No mgt msgs received

Process= SyslogAnalyzer

Process= SyslogCollector

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: