Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

RME default credentials

Using LMS 2.5.1, fully patched up. Question is when we use CM to do a device discovery, RME then tries to get the inventory & configs. Is there any where to set a default user & password & SNMP values for this?? AAA is used throughout the network & there is a standard UID for CiscoWorks configured, but I can't find any where to set this up.

Its very frustrating & time consuming when you have to manually go through & update all the discovered devices credentials.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: RME default credentials

There's currently no way to set default credentials in LMS 2.5. Once the devices are discovered by Campus and sent to the DCR you have to edit each one to add/change credentials.

If there are a number with the same credentials you can select multiple devices at the same time and apply the changes for all.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

There's currently no way to set default credentials in LMS 2.5. Once the devices are discovered by Campus and sent to the DCR you have to edit each one to add/change credentials.

If there are a number with the same credentials you can select multiple devices at the same time and apply the changes for all.

I guess we can only hope that this will be addressed in a future release.

Thanks.

Silver

I hope so too, but I already found myself in a situation were more then one type of credentials were required, some devices were only monitored but no configuration retrieval by RME is allowed, other parts are managed by someone else so also no configuration management required.

But I want them in the DCR because I need then in the topology and Syslog reports.

So hopefully not just a default username password and RW credential. Maybe something linked to the groups a device goes into.

For now I have some macro's to find the entries in a .CSV export file, that do not match the criteria.

Cheers,

Michel

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content