cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME - Exemption thrown when retrieving config

martinUpchu
Level 1
Level 1

I get the following exemption thrown when trying to open a config in config editor (RME 4.0.6)

"Exception thrown from TreeGenerator class com.cisco.nm.rmeng.config.cfgedit.ui.helper.CfgEditVersionTreeGenerator Exception is java.lang.NullPointerException"

In my tomcat log (root\MDC\tomcat\logs\stdout.log)

I show:

DEBUG:appID for context:/rme from CCR:rme

Ajp13Processor[9009][8] process: IOException Connection reset by peer: socket write error

any idea's?

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is not enough information. You need to post the entire stdout.log as well as the CfgEdit.log.

Here are the logs.

I do see a lot of errors indicating your config archive on disk may be damaged (i.e. missing revisions that are referenced in the database). However, as to this specific NullPointerException, there is not enough information in the log to figure out exactly why the problem is occurring. You should open a TAC services request so that additional debugging can be performed.

My guess is that this could have something to do with the either the damaged archive or an incomplete RME 4.0.6 update. The archive could be repaired by reinitializing the rmeng database along with deleting NMSROOT\files\rme\dcma\*. An incomplete update could only be repaired by uninstalling, then reinstalling and repatching RME.