Views
Helpful
Replies

RME Folder

a.hajhamad
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Why i can't see the RME folder under the :/program files/cscopx/htdocs/rme, i think this is the root path for appache server to read (htdocs).

I got 404 Not Found Error whent i click over any RME links.

Thanks in advance

Abd Alqader

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no rme directory under NMSROOT\htdocs. CiscoWorks uses the Struts infrastructure, and JSPs are responsible for displaying the frontend web pages for RME.

If you are getting 404 errors, there is most likely something wrong with your Apache or Tomcat configuration. This points to a bad RME installation. You should uninstall RME, set your TEMP and TMP environment variables to something short like C:\TEMP, then reinstall.

Thanks for your reply. I thought the problem is the appache server can't find the RME folder with its files i got this error. Plus, i can see Campus and DFM folders under the htdcos folder.

By the way, i removed the whole ciscoworks and install it again with the same bad result.

And the installation process for the RME is very clear and straight forward.

Can i change or edit the appache or the tomcat configuration, and how?

Thanks in advance

Abd Alqader

Editing the Apache and Tomcat configuration is not recommended since there may be other problems with your installation. When you reinstalled RME, what was the value of TEMP and TMP? There is a known problem if these variables point to a path that does not conform to DOS 8.3 convention.

Hi,

Sorry, but i didn't see any TEMP ot TMP values during the installation of the RME

Thanks

Abd Alqader

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: