Views
Helpful
Replies

RME groups vs CS groups

ktokashhh
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all, quick design-ish question.

Almost everything I need to do is in RME (config backups, inventory), but it looks like creating user-defined groups within CS might be a better long-term fit as it could allow us to do things outside of RME with those groups.

However I'm new to LMS and it appears that there is no real difference. If I go to CM to create a VLAN, for example, I see both CS and RME groups. Report generation, same thing.

Is there a specific reason to create the groups under one area instead of the other? I'm about to set up our entire infrastructure and I don't want to biff it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Groups created in one application can be used in another (for the most part). The only real reason to create a group under one app versus another is the available matching criteria. If you can create all your groups based on RME attributes, then there is no reason to create them under CS.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Groups created in one application can be used in another (for the most part). The only real reason to create a group under one app versus another is the available matching criteria. If you can create all your groups based on RME attributes, then there is no reason to create them under CS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: