Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

rme out of sync filter

Can I filter out of sync report in RME?? For example when the router has the different ntp clock-period in the running config and the startup

config - the out of sync is generated for this device. So I have to a lot of out of sync devices and I have to click on all difs for searching the difference between run and start:-( Thanks Roman

• Network Management
4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: rme out of sync filter

You can configure a set of commands (called exclude commands) which are ignored when RME does configuration diffs.  This is done under RME > Admin > Config Mgmt > Exclude Commands.

I know it. By default there is "ntp clock-period" in this exclude command, but I still see out of sync for this value:-( I think that the exclude commands are only for archive management (config change - polling and saving config into archive) and it is not applicable for run and startup comparism. Thanks.

Cisco Employee

The exclude commands also affect the out-of-sync summary.  If you have commands excluded, but still see an out-of-sync diff for that command, then there is something wrong in RME.  Have you performed a new sync archive?  Does the job complete successfully?  What version of RME are you using?

also, verify that this command is really there for all your device types / devi ce groups like "Switches and _Hubs", "Routers" and the Module Parts (neccessary for some supervisors!). In the past I observed several times that this string was missing..

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.