cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME Out of Sync Partially Successfull

Darryl Meyers
Level 1
Level 1

We recently upgraded to LMS 3.2 from 2.6, RME is reporting some devices as out of sync and details are partially successfull failing to fetch the vlan.dat. I've checked device credentials.

Here is a a snapshot of the device details from one of the devices.

Protocol ==> SSH
Selected Protocols with order ==> SSH,Telnet,TFTP,RCP
Execution Result:
RUNNING
Primary Login Succeeded
/ Primary Enable Succeeded
CM0060 PRIMARY RUNNING Config fetch SUCCESS for , version number 11 archived.
VLAN
CM0151 VLAN RUNNING Config fetch failed for  Cause: Couldnot create file in C:\PROGRA~1\CISCOS~1\UPGRAD~1 directory.Couldnot create file in C:\PROGRA~1\CISCOS~1\UPGRAD~1 directory.
VLAN Config fetch is not supported using TFTP.
VLAN Config fetch is not supported using RCP.
Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required.

What I find strange is 'Couldnot create file in C:\PROGRA~1\CISCOS~1\UPGRAD~1 directory.Couldnot create file in C:\PROGRA~1\CISCOS~1\UPGRAD~1 directory'. We installed LMS in it's own directory under C:\ciscoworks\cscopx so why do only a few devices that fail look like they are pointing to the program files directory and is that the true cause ? Incidently there is a folder in there as we installed another cisco tool for upgrading access points, but I have no idea why RME wants to point there ?

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This could be a database issue, but it may only be limited to regdaemon.xml.  Post the NMSROOT/MDC/etc/regdaemon.xml file.

I uninstalled the upgrade tool wanting to see if the error msg changed and it did.....

Now it reports "CM0151 VLAN RUNNING Config fetch failed for 142.99.56.75 Cause: Couldnot create file in N/A directory.Couldnot create file in N/A directory."...

I've attached the regdaemon.xml you requested.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco