Views
Helpful
Replies

RME shows no device and saying I/O error:file exists

thetnaing00
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

i am facing a problem that i cannot see any devices on the left panel of RME windows, when i want to generate the syslog report, hardware report and other RME jobs.

then i found that the RMEDbEngine service is not started and if i try to start is manually by using windows services or using CLI command (pdexec), there are errors and the service cannot be started.

in the windows event log, there is an error reported by RMEDbEngine saying that "I/O error:file exits" or "unknown device". any advices?

18 Replies 18

You will have to restore last month's backup alone. This will revert all changes that were made over the previous month.

hi joe,

sorry for my question. but now the situation is that the versions are mix and match. i don't have last month backup for other database apart from RME. only RME is last month and all others are this month. if i restore like this, any problem? this is my concern.

if it is, i won't go for restore. i simply go for reinitialization.

It sounds like you've take the backup directory (e.g. 0), and replace the CMF, ANI, and DFM components with a more recent copy while keeping RME from last month. That will not work. It sounds like your only recourse at this point is to reinitialize the RME database.

i really appreciate your help. thanks alot. this clarify my thoughts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: