cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME System Collection/Polling scheduled jobs

kathegaj2
Level 1
Level 1

How do I delete/disable System Collection/Polling Schedule jobs?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Replace NMSROOT with the path into which CiscoWorks was installed. Run this command from a DOS shell as a local Administrator.

View solution in original post

22 Replies 22

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Inventory or Config?

Inventory...seems there wasn't one there. I added one and it told me ICSU0039: Successfully updated System Job Settings notification. I read a little further (!) and decided the size of my network would be better off collecting and polling inventory in smaller increments but couldn't find a way to back the job out or delete it.

Inventory collection and polling are always run. They cannot be disabled. You can configure collection to run in the distant future, however. Typically, we recommend inventory polling runs daily, and collection runs weekly. The overhead is typically minimal as this is just SNMP polling of containment information.

I cannot find evidence that they have ever run! Under Job Management>RME Jobs...no collection results. When I "updated" the default, there wasn't any information in the schedule fields, I added the day and time and my email(it didn't take what I submitted either...made 00:45:00 to 00:17:03)

Have you reinitialized your cmf database?

No, I don't know what this is...

BTW I am in a LMS class right now and you are famous! So happy to meet you!

This could be a jrm problem, then. What version of LMS is this? Please post the output of the pdshow command as well as the ICServerUI.log.

What LMS class are taking? I'd appreciate recommendations for training.

Global Knowledge: Implementing CiscoWorks LMS! Awesome class! Mike Fiedler is a rockstar of educators, passionate and knowledgeable, nothing close to Joe but highly recommended =-)

Sorry it took so long, communication to server is slow over VZ connection through VPN...

I need to see the ICServerUI.log as well.

It was part of the txt file

I must not have scrolled down far enough. However, the attachment appears to have gotten lost in the forum. Can you repost it?

Here it is again...

Do you think this may have anything to do with why my Netconfig jobs "Failed" in this manner:

Deploy succeeded, Synchronization of RME archive with Device Config failed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: