Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

RME System Collection/Polling scheduled jobs

How do I delete/disable System Collection/Polling Schedule jobs?

• Network Management
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: RME System Collection/Polling scheduled jobs

Replace NMSROOT with the path into which CiscoWorks was installed. Run this command from a DOS shell as a local Administrator.

22 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Inventory or Config?

Inventory...seems there wasn't one there. I added one and it told me ICSU0039: Successfully updated System Job Settings notification. I read a little further (!) and decided the size of my network would be better off collecting and polling inventory in smaller increments but couldn't find a way to back the job out or delete it.

Cisco Employee

Inventory collection and polling are always run. They cannot be disabled. You can configure collection to run in the distant future, however. Typically, we recommend inventory polling runs daily, and collection runs weekly. The overhead is typically minimal as this is just SNMP polling of containment information.

I cannot find evidence that they have ever run! Under Job Management>RME Jobs...no collection results. When I "updated" the default, there wasn't any information in the schedule fields, I added the day and time and my email(it didn't take what I submitted either...made 00:45:00 to 00:17:03)

Cisco Employee

Have you reinitialized your cmf database?

No, I don't know what this is...

BTW I am in a LMS class right now and you are famous! So happy to meet you!

Cisco Employee

This could be a jrm problem, then. What version of LMS is this? Please post the output of the pdshow command as well as the ICServerUI.log.

What LMS class are taking? I'd appreciate recommendations for training.

Global Knowledge: Implementing CiscoWorks LMS! Awesome class! Mike Fiedler is a rockstar of educators, passionate and knowledgeable, nothing close to Joe but highly recommended =-)

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.