Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

RME: Using user defined groups in Compliance Checks

I am using RME 4.0.5 on a windows 2003 system.

I am trying to set up a scheduled compliance check job against a small subset of our devices.

To this end, I have created a User defined group in CS (and also in RME) which contains these devices. I have checked that the group has been populated with the correct devices.

I can see this group when I do other tasks, but I cant see any groups when I try and create a Complaince Check job.

The tree under All Applicable Device Groups->User Defined Groups is empty. In other areas this contains my groups.

Is this a bug, or is there some configuration setting I need to change to get them to appear here?

Regards

Jeff

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: RME: Using user defined groups in Compliance Checks

A template is bound to one or more device types (e.g. Routers, Switches and Hubs, etc.). When you do a compliance check, you will only see devices in system or user defined groups which are part of the template's associated device group(s).

For example, I create a group in RME that ends up containing one 7206 router (group name is EEM Test Routers). I have a template, CredCheck, that is bound to the Routers device type group. I am able to see my router in my user-define group, EEM Test Routers when doing a compliance check.

Now, when I select a new template, NoCDPonAccessPorts, which is only applicable to the Switches and Hubs device type group, I no longer see any devices under my EEM Test Routers group during a compliance check.

I think I understand what you are saying here.

I have created a group called MyGroup (Attachment cwgroupadmin) which contains several routers.

I have created a compliance template called Test which has the overall category of Routers.

When trying to create the baseline job, I select the Test template and click on Compliance Check, but I dont see anywhere in the device selection area to select my group (attachment cwcompliancecheck). There are no User defined groups listed. I was expecting to find MyGroup listed so I could select it.

I would have thought I should be able to see MyGroup in the selection area. Is my expectation incorrect?

Cisco Employee

When selecting Compliance Check, you should see your user-defined groups under various application headers (e.g. CS@server, RME@server, etc.). What configuration do you have under Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Selector Settings > Group Customization?

Ive attached a screen snapshot of my configuration.

I have tried various options but the results are still the same - no user groups appearing in the compliance check job....

Cisco Employee

There seems to be a problem on your server. What is the current DCR mode of this server? Do you see any errors in the deviceselector.log when you try to do a compliance check?

Views
Helpful
Replies