Views
Helpful
Replies

Router Leased Line issue

mo shea
Level 1
Level 1

Hi..

I have a remote 2821 router connected to a 1721 router at our main site via leased line. The line faulters frequently for several minutes every day and I want to know what snmp option or trap I can configure on the routers to know if a serial interface is faulty, or the remote router lost power or whether the issue is from the ISP?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

2 Replies 2

desai.jaideep
Level 5
Level 5

Hi!

Its always best to watch the router if ur network is down.When its down, pls see the output of 'show interface serial 0'.Please watch the first line..."Serial0 is up, line protocol is up".

Change the encapulation to HDLC on both the sides.

(1)If the line protocol is down then there is issue with the lease line.

(2)If serial is down the there is problem with the serial interface.

(3)If both are up then monitor the input/output packets.If there are only output ones, then either the remote router or the remote lease line is down.

(4)Also if both are up, then monitor the errors/CRCs on the line.If there are any, then its the lease line prob.

If above dosnt solved ur prob., let me know.

Please do give me vote if the above helped u

Regards,

JD

Thanks JD for the info.

I havent changed any default encapsulation so I think it is HDLC on the routers.

I will try to telnet to the 2821, if it is possible,

and see the output results.

I will keep you posted

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: