Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Router reverse SSH

Hello all,

I think i know the answer to this already, however, I was hoping someone had a brilliant idea to get this working.

In a nutshell, we are in the process of deploying DMVPN spokes at numerous locations throughout the world.  In some of these areas, the connectivity is NAT'd several times.  Normally this is not an issue due to the tunnel coming up, however when it does not, it is always awkward working with the receptionist to get it working again.

Topo:

Hub -- Internet -- NAT -- Spoke

I was thinking along the lines of an EEM script on bootup that does a remote SSH from the router to another router or to a server.  This way we can ssh into them without needing to have someone local or shipping equipment back and forth?  Is anyone doing this today or something else along these lines?  It would be ideal to be able to do a remote wipe on one if it's stolen (and plugged into the Internet) or something along those lines.

thanks!

Everyone's tags (4)
Views
Helpful
Replies