cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

router & switch configration changes - alerts

npagadua69
Level 1
Level 1

i want to find out what tools you guys are using to send an alert when their's a router or switch configuration change. please advise

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

I think you can do this with triggering a syslog msg to an external syslog server and if you can configure up the mail services client you trigger a mail from that server to the address configured.

I had some good experience in triggering a mail whenever the link fails up configured up with our NMS system..

regds

ToddWarren
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using Ciscoworks LMS 2.2 (RME 3.5) as an syslog collector and SNMP manager. I receive SNMP config change traps from network device. And I could also configure an automated action to email me when a config change message was sent to the syslog server. This link has been posted b4 for configuring automated actions in RME so excuse the plagiarism:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/cscowork/ps2073/products_tech_note09186a00800a7275.shtml

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: