cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routers "Unresponsive" in DFM

jrichterkessing
Level 1
Level 1

I have four routers that are showing up in the DFM monitoring console as being "Unresponsive" with a reason of "No Services or ServiceAccessPoints on thsi System are responding". From my CiscoWorks server I can ping the routers, SNMP traps appear to be working from the routers since I can generate a "Cisco Configuration Management Trap" and have it display on the monitoring console. Not sure what DFM is trying to look for.......any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of DFM is this? While SNMP traps may be working, what about SNMP polling? Verify you can poll the same management IP for this device. You might also try putting a sniffer on the wire, then rediscover one of these routers in DFM, to see if the packet trace can shed more light on this problem.

Thanks for the response.....I believe I found the problem. All of these routers are frame relay routers with dial backup, we have loopback interfaces configured with "ip unnumbered loopback X" on the serial subinterface and dialer interface......the subinterface and loopback interfaces were not managed in DFM, I set both to manage and then rediscovered and all worked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: