cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RPE job errors

wilson_1234_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have two RME jobs running that are giving me erros on two devices and causing them to fail:

System Inventory Collection

ArchivePoller

Both jobs are working fine for everything but a single device.

The Inventory Collection Job was successful until I changed a serial Port module to a T1 controller moduule on the router that is now causing errors:

RICS0001:Internal Error, unable to process the collected data from the device

Do I need to remove the router and add it again to the the DCR?

The ArchivePoller job is not getting the startup config from a 3560 switch, but does get the running config. The actual config collection which runs after the polling gets the startup config.

RME is throwing this error:

*** Device Details for 3550-02 ***

Protocol ==> Telnet

CM0062 Polling 3550-02 for changes to configuration. CM063 Error polling for change on PRIMARY STARTUP config, not fetching the config. CM0065 No change in PRIMARY RUNNING config, config fetch not required CM00 Polling not supported on VLAN RUNNING config, defaulting to fetch. CM0060 VLAN RUNNING Config fetch SUCCESS for 3550-02, version number 39 archived.

I have enabled the error logging in RME, but I do not see anything that would point to the reason for the polling failure.

The log only shows the successful polling of the run config and successful collections for the start and run config.

I do see this error, quite a bit in the log:

[ Mon Jun 11 01:30:47 EDT 2007 ],ERROR,[Thread-334],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.genericarchive.ArchiveUtils,close,268,Exception during closejava.sql.SQLException: JZ0S2: Statement object has already been closed.

at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.ErrorMessage.raiseError(ErrorMessage.java:549)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybStatement.checkDead(SybStatement.java:1949)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybStatement.close(SybStatement.java:451)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybStatement.close(SybStatement.java:439)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.genericarchive.ArchiveUtils.close(ArchiveUtils.java:266)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.genericarchive.Version.createVersion(Version.java:636)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.genericarchive.Branch.checkIn(Branch.java:116)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.config.archive.ConfigFileTypeBranch.checkIn(ConfigFileTypeBranch.java:223)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.config.archive.ConfigFileTypeBranch.addNewConfigFileVersion(ConfigFileTypeBranch.java:150)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DeviceArchiveManager.addNewConfigFileVersion(DeviceArchiveManager.java:984)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DeviceArchiveManager.archiveNewVersionIfNeeded(DeviceArchiveManager.java:1088)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.ConfigManager.updateArchiveForDevice(ConfigManager.java:1331)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.ConfigManager.performCollection(ConfigManager.java:3057)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.CfgUpdateThread.run(CfgUpdateThread.java:29)

1 Reply 1

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The RICS0001 error is a known issue and bug - CSCse52700

You can remove/re-add the device as a workaround, but there is a patch available from the TAC.