Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

RTP traffic monitoring

Does anyone know a good tool to measure the RTP traffic delay, jitter and packet loss? I need meauser these parameters of RTP traffic...

Thanks your help in advance.

bye

FCS

6 REPLIES

Re: RTP traffic monitoring

In case you need it for VoIP monitoring, there is a nice feature inside of IOS itself - Cisco IP SLA.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6441/products_feature_guide09186a0080556c4d.html

Silver

I have VoIP infrastructure with Asterisk servers and not with Cisco devices (only border routers and switches are cisco). And I need a monitoring tool like MRTG or something like this taht can do monitoring and create graphs.

bye

FCS

Use Prefomance Monitor of Netscout in combination with a Probe. (not cheap but you will able to see much more)

Silver

Martin,

Is there any option or probe for RTP traffic measurement? I didn't find any...

bye

FCS

Hi,

Every probe they sale today supports RTP. However there is some limitations in what kind of signalling protocol they support and that the traffic need to pass the probe.

It could be that the setup of the call will pass the probes interface but not the call itself because it is send directly between the phones. a good example is that teh call server is connected to the core switch as is the probe. Now on one acess switch you have two phones that make the call between them. Than de setup of the call will pass the probe but not the remainer of the session. (However this is usually not a problem since there would be a lowdealy and jitter on the very short path.)

If one of the phones call a phone not beeing on the same switch and the switch path or the routing path is through the core switch the entier call is seen.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content