Views
Helpful
Replies

Run TCL script on the router by executing TCL script on access server

EvaldasOu
Level 4
Level 4

Hello !

There is an Access Server and other devices connected to it via reverse telnet (console cables from access server).

I want to execute TCL command on the Access Server  that would run TCL script on the router.

I think the way to achieve this is a TCL script with a send command from the Access Server. The problem is to put that  "send" command in the TCL script , because we need to press Ctrl+z at the end (when we want to execute that send command).

Is this possible?

43 Replies 43

I have this Joseph "c2800nm-advsecurityk9-mz.151-4.M3.bin" , is that's ok?

No.  You need the T train.

The newest of the T train is c2800nm-advsecurityk9-mz.151-3.T3.bin . I hope that cisco release new image this month, because these images are released in December of 2011.

I do not believe there will be another release for the ISR platform.  The new development is being on the ISRG2 line (i.e., 2900 and 3900).

Hello!

I want to ask a quuestion again...

Joseph or anyone who can help please take a look.I have a problem now when I try to run EEM TCL script from the menu. Is there any workaround with this? Or this is not possible, to run EEM TCL script from the menu?

For example:

#conf t

#menu Switch command 1 event manager run lab1.tcl

< And when you type 1 on the menu, there is an error:

Menu "Switch" has invalid command "event manager run lab1.tcl"

event manager run lab1.tcl

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

> ( this command "event manager run lab1.tcl" is working when you type it directly in the exec mode)

All other commands as I know is working, just something different is with EEM TCL

You need to be enabled to run "event manager run".  Your menu is at privilege 0, so it cannot run.

Dear Joseph, Your post is helpful as always Thank you a lot ! Ofcourse, You are right!

cbonillac
Level 1
Level 1

Evaldus and Joseph.

I have right now a similiar problem, just a little more complicated.

I made a circuit that talks RS-232 and I connected it to an async interface in the router (it can be the AUX port or any async).

I can get communication to the circuit via reverse telnet and async TCP port  (telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 2070). But  I want to improve the solution making a fancy menu or HTML interface that runs totally in the router.

I want to use the router as a "bridge" between HTML and an async interface. Actually  I can send commands and configuration to the router vía it's web interface, i made an attmept using chat-scripts and debug chat to "talk" to my circuit, but I cannot achieve communication between the web interface and the circuit.

What i need is something like you have done, but bidirectional. I need to send text commands to my circuit (you have already done) and somehow put in HTML it's answer, wheter be trough a buffer, or a message.

Do you have any idea????

Please start a new thread for your issue.  This thread has been resolved.  Thanks.

maitrongturng
Level 1
Level 1

Bonjour EvaldasOu et Joseph Clarke,
Je sais pas si vous êtes disponibles.
Je suis débutant dans ce domaine. Je voudrais vous demander une question. Peut-je boot et config automatiquement router cisco depuis server en utilisant script TCL ?? Si oui, comment fait-il ? Sinon, y-a-il une autre solution pour faire ca ?
Merci bien à vous.

Ouais, vous pouvez le faire.  Regardez https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12218591/automating-cisco-live-2014-san-francisco pour un exemple où Tcl a été utilisé à configurer les switches.  La même chose peut travailler pour les routers.

Bonjour Joseph,

Je suis très heureux de votre réponse. 

Mais mon problème qui me prend plusieurs de temps, est que, par exemple, on a un nouveau routeur dans lequel il n'y a rien, sans flash, sans startup-config. Comment peut-on télécharger le fichier boot ainsi que le fichier configuration depuis TFTP server ??

Je vous attends avec impatience.

Je suis ravis que vous connaissez bien le français. 

Merci beaucoup.

Bonne journée.

S'il vous plaît commencer une nouvelle discussion afin que nous puissions vous concentrer sur votre problème.  Merci.

Bonjour,

J'ai déjà créé une nouvelle discussion il y a 13 jours mais il n'y a aucun de commentes. Donc, je suis obligé de vous discuter d'ici. 

Merci de votre compréhension et votre aide

Voici le lien:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12251946/boot-and-config-router-cisco-automatic-using-tcl-script

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: