cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

running config not archived

raindrop18
Level 1
Level 1

We have LMS 3.2 and on few devices the running config is not archived. the start up is archived and I have running config on device but RME unable pull that that running config. on version tree I can see on VLAN section the there is a running config however on PRIMARY section there is no new running config showing the old running dates that's 1 month old. where or which log I need to see the find out the error related to this issue or any suggestion highly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

RME will only update the archive if it detected an interesting change in the config (i.e. one not listed in the configured Exclude Commands). It sounds like the archive is already properly populated for this device. If not, you would certainly get an error when RME tries to decide if it needs to archive the config.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should first run a new Sync Archive job for one such device. If the job fails, the failure error will be helpful, and the dcmaservice.log will have more details.

I did run Sync Archive job for one device and the job is not fails. actually it's successful. however the running config is not updated. and i know I have a running config on this specific device. I have checked dcmaservice.log there is no error reported. did i miss something?

RME will only update the archive if it detected an interesting change in the config (i.e. one not listed in the configured Exclude Commands). It sounds like the archive is already properly populated for this device. If not, you would certainly get an error when RME tries to decide if it needs to archive the config.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: