Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Running Logrot

I have tried to manage the log file by using Logrot but unsuccessful. I just use the default size for backup 1024. do I need more? I don't want a big size...

I have attached the output. thanks in Advance

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Running Logrot

According to this, none of the log files are big enough for rotation. That said, logrot_stat is not working correctly. Assuming these files are actually over 4 GB, what do you get when you run:

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/logrot_stat FILE

I have attached the stat result, my biggest concern is my hard drive space in one week from 57% jump to 87% so I'm wondering something I should also check.I have upgrade to CM 3.6 and CS 4.11.last week. may be any temp file need to be clean.

thank you so much J.

I have attached the stat result, my biggest concern is my hard drive space in one week from 57% jump to 87% so I'm wondering something I should also check.I have upgrade to CM 3.6 and CS 4.11.last week. may be any temp file need to be clean.

thank you so much J.

Cisco Employee

Well, none of these log files are causing your disk space problems. If you're having a problem with space under /var, you can use du to find where that space has gone:

# for i in `ls -1 /var`; do

du -sh ${i}

done

Repeat the procedure once you've located the directory using the most space. Eventually, you'll find where all the space has gone.

thank you J. I'm on 67% !!! great help!!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content