cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SDM Install Trouble

inoc_noc
Level 1
Level 1

I am having difficulty installing SDM v2.5 on a 1841 router. I have connectivity to the router, I have a login with privilege level 15. I am able to telnet to and login to the router fine. However, when I run the SDM setup, it gives the error message that SDM was unable to connect to the router.

I sniffed the network and SDM does telnet to the router, login, and then goes into and exits config mode, and that is it.

I do not have SSH enabled, but I'm not aware that that is necessary to install SDM.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Try to move the files manually via TFTP to the router's flash. Full SDM requires following files:

sdm.tar

sdmconfig-modelnum.cfg

home.tar

home.shtml

common.tar

Hope it helps...

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

garytayl
Level 3
Level 3

Any access-list and or access class configured on the router that may be preventing SDM access?

No, there are currently no access lists setup on the router at all. Nor is any sort of firewalling turned on on the host computer I am trying to install from.

Try to move the files manually via TFTP to the router's flash. Full SDM requires following files:

sdm.tar

sdmconfig-modelnum.cfg

home.tar

home.shtml

common.tar

Hope it helps...

All of the files were already in the flash of the router except the sdm.tar file. I transferred this file, and now full SDM does appear to be running on the router. Thanks for the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco