cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Serial numbers on 3750 stacks

kathegaj2
Level 1
Level 1

CW Contracts reporting reports the master SN. How can I pull all the SN for all devices in a 3750 stack for asset/inventory purposes?

5 Replies 5

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

show version (on the master)

jbrenesj
Level 3
Level 3

Yes, that is the best way but I want to add that you can actually check most of the commands for a stack member itself.

From the master:

remote command

Example:

C3750-Stack#remote command 2 show ver

C3750-Stack#remote command 2 shoe boot

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"sh ver" and look for "System serial number" line.

"sh inventory"

First, thanks to everyone that answered me, it feels effective when you get some kind of answer.

So, nothing in reports that can assist with inventory-ing serial numbers for equipment rather than loopback management.

I have built Netshow jobs that run sh ver | inc System serial and sh diag | inc PCB and in a large environment these are sloppy to parse.

I checked also Contract Status and these also just apply to the master serial.

Any other ideas?

kathegaj2 wrote:

First, thanks to everyone that answered me, it feels effective when you get some kind of answer.

So, nothing in reports that can assist with inventory-ing serial numbers for equipment rather than loopback management.

I have built Netshow jobs that run sh ver | inc System serial and sh diag | inc PCB and in a large environment these are sloppy to parse.

I checked also Contract Status and these also just apply to the master serial.

Any other ideas?

You need to create a Custom Report Template in RME Reports.

- Association : don't pick anything

- Inventory Group : Chassis

- Attribute : Chassis Serial Number

- Operator : Contains

- Value : All

Click "Add", then "Save Changes", then Finish.

Then you use your custom report on a selection of device (using Report Generator, Inventory, pick your custom template), and you should be good to go. I then export it to CSV for further editing, sorting, etc.

HTH.

Alex.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: