Views
Helpful
Replies

Serious CiscoWorks Upgrade issue

cbeswick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I currently have LMS 2.2, fully patched. Originally we purchased LMS 2.0 and upgraded with the upgraded kits to version 2.2

We are upgrading to LMS 2.5 and ordered the LMS 2.2 to 2.5 upgrade kit. I have a brand new Windows 2003 server from which to install the software.

I have to install from scratch, meaning that I have to begin with LMS 2.0 and progressively patch to 2.2, then install the 2.5 upgrade kit.

The only problem is, LMS 2.0 (CD one 4th Ed) does not recognide windows 2003 server as being a compatible OS and throws back an error informing me that it will only install on Windows 2000 with SP1a.....

This is very annoying. Have cisco not released an updated installation patch / tool that can help me out with this ? If not, it seems to me that the only way around this is to remove windows 2003 server and run it off windows 2000.

I really wanted the server to be as up to date as possible, with 2003 server.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, go ahead and un-install everything and simply go with LMS 2.5

You will require the older CDs later on to do the validation, but that is a simple task

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

cbeswick
Level 1
Level 1

Had a brain wave and used compatability mode for the install exe. Suprisingly this worked!

Actually, even though the CDs say for Upgrade only, you can use them to install from scratch

In other words, you could have just started out with Common Services 3.0

Hi nhabib,

I am having further problems now with updating from LMS 2.1 to 2.2, compatibility mode doesn't work now because it requires windows 2000 sp3.

So your saying that I can just install common services 3 from scratch from the LMS 2.5 upgrade CD and this will install fine ?

Will this also work for the all the other upgrade CD's for RME, Campus Manager etc ?

If so, then my problems are solved.

Thanks for your assisstence

Yes, go ahead and un-install everything and simply go with LMS 2.5

You will require the older CDs later on to do the validation, but that is a simple task